Friday 25 June 2010

quilt challenge-52 cards in a year

Week four

This week I have added colour to fabric and I have have also taken colour away.   


I started by painting white cotton fabric with fabric ink and then I stenciled the main image on the middle of the fabric.  With  thickened bleach  I painted patterns on the fabric.  Once this was washed and dried I used a black,  silver and white pen to emphasise pattern.  Then I machine quilted the piece.


I added shiva oil sticks to give the piece a nice sheen and more definition.    I then used pens and coloured pencils to add shading and more depth to the lines.



For information on how to purchase these wonderful paint sticks follow the link below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Leave me a message :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...