Wednesday 13 November 2013

New quilting art work

I have finished a new piece of work.  It was made by painting with thickened dyes.  It was the first time that I have worked in this medium.  I found it a lovely medium to paint with but I found it hard to know what the end result would look like as the dye wet looks different to when it is dry.


The dyes blend beautifully and produce beautiful rich colour.  


This piece of artwork was based on the colours of mussel shells and the movement of the ocean.


I have always loved the colours inside the shells and how beautiful they shine.


I quilted this piece of work with beautiful shiny pure polyester threads,  these added a lovely shine to the work and a wonderful subtle sparkle.


Mussels 
By Catherine Parkinson

2 comments:

I love hearing from you. Leave me a message :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...