Thursday 28 August 2014

New art quilt: In his Image

Creative blocks come to all of us.  Some days I just don’t even feel like getting up, never mind going to the studio to work.  A few months ago while going through one of these patches I read an article on how to be a professional artist.  It is a great article It really changed the way I viewed how I work.  One of daily practices discussed in the article was no matter how you feel; go into your studio every day, no matter what.  I have tried to do this every day since.  Some days I only get to sit on my chair and think about my art work but I still manage to get in my studio daily.


One day while I was sitting pondering and thinking, I felt very strongly that I need to do a series of work on ‘The family’ the fabric and centre of our society.  The small details of everyday life often get forgotten about and yet they often are the most important aspects of our lives.  The relationships with our families are the foundations of our lives.

My first quilt in this series is called ‘In his image’.  This art quilt depicts Adam and Eve; the beginning family on our earth, and is based on the scripture……

‘So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created her them’
Genesis 1:27 KJV


Preliminary sketch


Progress so far

I am really pleased with this art quilt top and I am really excited to start quilting it and adding more definition and shading with line. 

I'll keep you posted on the progress over the next week.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Leave me a message :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...