Tuesday 24 February 2015

Pictures of my flower quilts

It has been a very emotional week.  Last week I dropped of my daughter to Massey university in Palmerston North,  New Zealand.  This is the first time she has lived away from home and in new place.  It was so hard to let her go.  It is a 5 1/2 hour drive so it isn't easy to just pop down to see her.  It is hard to believe how much she has grown up ready for this new adventure in her life.  She will be studying Ecology and Geography.  I feel all sad and happy at the same time.  She is so ready for this time in her life but I just don't want her to go.

There are many times in our lives that we we have to let go of things or people and in art sometimes the way we are working.  It is good to let go to try for something better or deeper or just to have faith that things will improve.  At the moment I am working on a hexaptych (6 panelled art work)  of 6 flowers.  My deadline is Friday this week so the last week I have been madly trying to get them finished.  I have had to let a lot go while I make my deadline.  I have let go of some social events, the house work and the gardens. I have let go of unrealistic expectations,  my original ideas that just wouldn't work, unnecessary fluffy extras and lots of excuses of why I can't do something.  I realised that I couldn't get them finished without letting go of internal perfectionism.   

I let go and I am nearly finished !!! Here are some close ups of  of my flowers.







  

3 comments:

I love hearing from you. Leave me a message :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...