Friday 31 December 2010

quilt challenge-52 cards in a year

Week 29

I have a great love of dragonflies.  I have no idea what fascinates me about them but when I draw insects it is always the first one I draw.  I think they are very pretty insects and their colours on their body's are just beautiful.  Today I have drawn a dragonfly based on Elizabethan embroidery designs from furnishings from that era. 



The dragonfly was drawn with prisma coloured pencils. (a beautiful pencil with a high pigment content) I thought I would try this one with no other painted colour.  I then went over the pencil with stitching.


I really liked the strong contrast between the white and the coloured stitching. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Leave me a message :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...