Wednesday 16 February 2011

Process of new art work

Part one
When I begin a new piece of work I work through a a very similar process each time.  I find it is a process that I use without much thought as it has worked for me many times before. 

This new piece of work the theme was I see green.  I began by brainstorming ideas and then chose an idea to work with.  The choice I made was Limes.


I collected pictures of limes.  I spent time looking at the shapes the cut and uncut limes made.  I chose to use a cut lime as the basis of my design.  I drew and re drew ideas of this theme.


I also collected maori patterns to use in my design.   




This is the design I settled on.  After I had done the design I next chose a colour way to use.  Green was the main colour to use to reflect the theme of the challenge.  I decided to use yellow and a little orange as element of change and contrast.  

Over the next few weeks I will continue to blog about the rest of the processes I use.

2 comments:

  1. I am absolutely fascinated by these sketches. I have been studying them. So amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that you share your process. So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Leave me a message :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...