I have been asked by a few people to show how I work in my sketchbook. So my first blog today is to talk about the tools I use and how to set up space for yourself.
I have kept to mainly one medium so far in my sketchbook journey. I use pen and water colours. These are the basic tools I use....
- A good quality bought or homemade sketchbook. Buy the best you can afford.
- A pencil
- An eraser
- A craft knife
- A ruler
- A small plastic container with a screw top lid on for water
- A good quality water based pen
- Watercolour paints
- A selection of good paintbrushes
- a container to store everything in prefably one that you can pick up and take with you.
- Still life objects, photos and copyright free pictures and life around you.
- A good imagination -not compulsory but helpful :)