Wednesday 7 March 2012

Sketchbook challenge



This months challenge is flowers.  This is such an exciting theme this month.  I love to draw flowers in a stylised form.  I am looking forward to experimenting with different designs and techniques with this theme in mind.  I think flowers are such a personal gift in a persons life.  Flowers are a part of so many occasions birth , death,  birthdays,  celebrations of many kinds,  wedding etc.  They are such a significant part of our lives and who we all are.  My most favourite memory of my grandma is of her with her nose in a rose.  She loved them and I have inherited her love of flowers, especially fragrant roses. 



This first page has been done using acrylic paints and silver pen.  I used a commercial stamp for the background and I made the stencil for the centre design.


This page was also done with acrylic paint but I used gold pen as the accent. The flowers were also another original stencil.


This last page was done with the same stencils as the previous two pages.  I thought this could make quite a nice fabric.

1 comment:

I love hearing from you. Leave me a message :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...