Wednesday 11 April 2012

Smell the roses

I haven't done anything for the sketchbook challenge this week.  It's holidays and life has got very hectic this week :)

I love having the children home.  It is so nice not having to go anywhere and keeping our own time.  We have spent the week being and doing what we have wanted to when we wanted to do it. 


We have read books,  played cricket,  played with the new remote helicopter my son saved for and challenging each other at bop it (electronic game....I'm the champ much to the teenagers disgust).  We went shopping with my mum yesterday and helped the kids spend money that was burning a hole in their pockets.  We have organised 4 rooms better and got rid unused Items. We have cooked and eaten,  finished a book out loud,  just sat and talked and caught up with Downtown Abbey (english tv drama) We have visited my best friend on her 40th birthday and the kids played in their new tree house while we just talked.  Just priceless and wonderful moments to just stop and smell the roses. 


We often miss time to do these things because life takes over and we become just too busy yet without these moments life is nothing.  It is empty and shallow and has no depth.  I'm glad I have taken this week and wrapped it with love and put it into my memory box to open again later in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Leave me a message :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...