Wednesday 5 June 2013

Finding inspration

Today I went to a book store and found an amazing book for sale.  The book is a collection of photographs of The Antarctic huts of Scott and Shackleton.  The photography is amazing and captures the remains of the huts beautifully.  It wasn't long before the book became mine :)

The book is Photographed by Jane Ussher and the essays are written by Nigel Watson.

Still Life: Inside the Antarctic Huts of Scott and Shackleton


Not only are the huts depicted so well but it also has some fantastic photos of the Antarctic landscape.   I can see inspiration flowing out of its pages not only from the photographs but also the descriptive language found in the essays and in the journal entries of these famous explorers. 

I am itching to explore some ideas from its pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Leave me a message :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...