Tuesday 1 April 2014

A sneaky peak at some new work

Last week I posted pictures I am working for a New series of work entitled the small details of family life. You can read the post Here.

The last picture I painted in my art journal was a picture of my sweet 17 year old daughter giving me a cheeky smile behind a book she was reading.



She is a girl who has so much zest and passion for life and so much personality.  she lights up the room when she walks in and makes everyone's day a pleasure.  This picture really captures the essence of her personality



This quilt top is 40cm x 40cm


It is painted with Textile inks on to a fine weave cotton fabric


Now to start quilting it today. :)
.  

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I love your work! I am glad it is linked to FB. I Will want to visit the page more often now. Amazing! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lou. I also have a facebook textile art page at https://www.facebook.com/catherineparkinsontextileartist if you would like to follow me there.

      Delete
  2. This one is fantastic. It really captures the essence of her so well.Love it.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Leave me a message :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...