Thursday 19 June 2014

New art work series: The family

I am starting a new series of work entitled 
'The family'  this work is a celebration of all those wonderful small details and everyday happenings of family life that I hold close to my heart.  I have had this series in mind for a long time now but I was being sabotaged by so many unfinished projects sitting in my studio, I just couldn't get going on this idea. I have spent over a month working on and completing art work that still had meaning to me.


And I have finished all of them.  It feels so good to be able to finish the old and start afresh with the new.  There is something liberating about starting with a clean slate and pressing forward with new experiences, ideas and new pathways.  Many pieces of my work have been waiting to be finished for over 3 years.  I hadn't realised how much this work was preventing me from moving on to new work.  I thought if I just made another quilt  it would help me find my 'mojo' again but it just wasn't working.  

Then one day I had a light bulb moment.  
I can't work in my studio if my house is chaotic,  
I can't sit down if my house in chaotic 
and I finally realised I couldn't move on with my 
art work until I had sorted out the chaos of 
unfinished work that was building up.

I have got my 'mojo' back.  I now have that motivation I have been seeking for so long.  Who knew it would be such a simple answer just staring at me in my face.

In my new work I want to capture the essence of family life.  



To capture the joy of children,


To capture exhilarating moments


Moments of desicion


Times of exploration


Goofy times


 Special Relationships (yes I'm a twin!)

Capture times when family gets together


And those moments only shared between and parent and a child.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Leave me a message :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...