Sunday 7 November 2010

Quilting frustrations

Do you ever feel frustrated when you can't get to things that you just want to do?  I find life gets taken over by things we have to do daily some of which is really not important but in our lives we live necessary.  I am reminded of a song by a New Zealand artist Brooke Frazer a line in the song reads ....
'70 thousand  things to ponder today the most significant the bottom of the list'
I feel housework is one of these things.  Necessary but in the whole scheme of things not really important.  My quilting over the past week hasn't really been happening in the studio because of those necessary things.  Every time I walk into the studio  the phone rings,  dinner beckons or another family crisis looms  which turns out to be something important like such and such a body has taken my.........  I am itching to be creative.   

I did get a chance yesterday to attend a quilting exhibition.  It was wonderful.  I didn't get any official prizes for any of my work but I did get a lot of unofficial prizes of lovely compliments and joy at my work.  I bought some new fibres for felting with and lots of yummy threads and material.  I think it is good to go and experience something you love on a regular basis it does rejuvenate the soul. 

I hope this week to get a few minutes to create but........... the first one of my children breaks up from school tomorrow for the summer holidays so we will just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Leave me a message :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...