Thursday 29 May 2014

Hanging my wee little quilts

I have had many small quilts floating around in my studio for quite a while.  I have been at a loss to know how to hang them and how to stop them looking like pot holders. While I have researched many ways to hang them (read about this here) I felt crippled about trying to actually go with a method and do it.  
What if it didn't work?
What if I failed? 
What If I didn't like the finish?  


 Alyson Stanfield from Art biz blog has written

The only way to grow is to take what you’ve read/heard/seen and put it into action. When you do this, you find out how it applies to your specific situation.

I realised that having them just sititng there while I asked these questions wasn't getting me anywhere.  In fact I was going backwards because having them unfinished was stopping me starting new work. 

She also asks

What if you made art, grew an impressive inventory of work, and no one saw it? Would you be satisfied?

(Read the full article here)

What is the point of having all this wonderful work if it can't be hung or shown.  I would not be satisfied, in fact I would be quite dissapointed that it wasn't able to be viewed which is what art is for.  

I took the plunge.  I went with the idea given on Sewing with Nancy veiw it here and did my own little twist on it.  I have mounted and have ready to hang 16 small art quilts.


Here a small selection of them











No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Leave me a message :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...