These little pouches are made from a square of quilted fabric and look like a traditional envelope. They are quick and easy to make.
- 1 square of quilted fabric. This tutorial can be used for any sized square.
- A piece of fabric cut to the same size as the quilted fabric. Try and use fabric that matches the quilted cloth.
- A piece of velcro for the fastener
- Matching thread
- Trim and square up the quilted fabric
2. Cut the fabric for the inside of the pouch to the same size as the square quilted cloth.
3. Iron the quilted top and inside fabric. Make sure they are well pressed.
4. Put right sides together
5. Sew around the edge of the square leaving an opening
6. Turn the pocket the right way around.
7. Poke out the corners with a knitting needle or end of a thin paintbrush
8. Iron flat
9. Top stitich all around the edge. Turn in the opening (below) and stitch together the opening.as you go around top stitching the edge.
10. The finished square ready to make into a pouch
11. Stitch one side of the velcro to the right side of one corner.
12. Stitch the other side of the velcor to the oposite corner on the wrong side of the fabric.
13. Turn the square over to the right side. Find the corner with the velcro on it. Fold in half the edge if the square with the velcro on it.
14. Sew along folded edge
15. Fold the other edge in half
16. Stitch along folded edge
Your pouch should look like this
N.B. I have repositioned the velcro as this little quilt top wat slighly oblong. If your quilt top is square the velcor will be on the corner.
17. Turn the right way out and then iron flat.
18. Fold over the top and attatch the velcro together
The finished pouch
The pouch inside.
n.b I moved the velcro across slightly to compensate for a slighly more oblong piece od quilted fabric
Another envelope pouch
Another finished pouch