Tuesday 4 February 2014

Achieving goals

Now that the guide word is chosen, the goals set and the plan made the questions needs to be asked. How do I accomplish the goals I have set?  What do I need to do?  
How do I stay motivated to succeed at these goals?  Where to now?


"Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results. 

I know several thousand things that won't work." 

-- Thomas A. Edison 


Everything is possible.  There is a way to accomplish anything that you put your mind too. 

Impossible



A few years ago I went a conference and the speaker said being motivated wasn't the key to success is was turning up and doing it again and again no matter what the odds.  Turning up is a large part of the goal achieved.  If I want to be a great artist turning up to my studio each day  and practising what I want to do again and again will help be well on the pathway to improving my skills as an artist.  Nothing is achieved if I don't show up. 

Try reading about other people successful in your goal.  if you want to be a great artist research how other artists have done it.  Emulate some of their routines and patterns in their lives and see what happens.  

Remind yourself each day of what your goals are.  Put them on the wall, on the bathroom mirror, on the fridge anywhere that you can read them everyday.


Don't run faster but smarter


Find ways to build your goals into your daily life so new routines are established.  

Remember that we are human beings not human doings.  Take time to be and put the being first in your life. looking after yourself and being who you are meant to be is the quickest way to achieving your goals.  We do more when we know who we are and what we want to be.

Break goals down into small manageable chunks.  You will only run that marathon by building up your endurance day by day.  You will not be able to run one tomorrow with no practice. Breaking goals into small chunks is not so daunting  and seems more manageable.

Start now and work on each goal a little bit at a time and pretty soon without you even realising it you will be achieving great things. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Leave me a message :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...