Tuesday 19 July 2011

Quiling projects

I am still merrily working on my Poppy quilt.  The deadline has been and gone thanks to a lovely dose of the flu.  Ah well there will be more shows to enter.  

The top is finished and is waiting to be quilted.  It has been a very challenging quilt to work on.  There were many technical difficulties and design difficulties which I have never faced before. 

Here is some photos of the quilt top.  The poppy is painted. 


The edging is a stamp of barbed wire


The right hand section is photos of all my ancestors who served in wars.



The photos took a long time to manipulate to the right colours and size and then to print onto fabric.  I hoping to stitch crosses all over the photos. 

So today's job is to start the quilting.  (once I have cleaned the studio of course!)

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful and a wonderful tribute to your family. Hope we will see it again when it is finished. Hope you are back to your 'bouncing' self after the flu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing Catherine! What a cool idea.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Leave me a message :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...