Thursday 31 May 2012

Sketching with an Ipod

I love to sketch!  It is wonderful to sit and just draw.  It seems to take me away to other places and times.  Unfortunately one of the draw backs is that I lose track of time and spend much longer than planned drawing.  I have started to use a timer so I can focus on other tasks during my day. 

In my working in a series course I am taking at quilt university I am doing a lot of sketching to compile and complete ideas for my series.  One of the women on my course has been using her Ipod to sketch with,  this really interested me.  A sketchbook I can use anywhere and requiring no special equipment or mess.  It is much quicker for me too.  I can do a page in a few minutes.  I don't think this should take over drawing though as there is nothing like the feeling of pen and paper it is just another idea to add to other methods to use for designing.

How to sketch using an Ipod or Ipad
  1. Down load the app sketchbook x or something similar.  Sketchbook x is a very simple graphic program.  It just does basics and the there is a lite version for free.  A lot of programmes have a lite free programme to try first before buying.
  2. Use the tutorial to see how to use the programme
  3. Then sketch.  It is that simple.
These are some of the images I have created








4 comments:

  1. Wow, I am impressed. When I try to draw anything on my touch screen it looks like the scribblings of a two year old. And not a very talented two year old. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou Tenika. It is just practice, practice and more practice. Keep having a go and those pictures will start to develop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun. I have to say though, and this is purely from my midwifery perspective, that's a whole lotta breech babies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Certainly is I hoping for the mamma sake they turned in time :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Leave me a message :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...