I am going through a quilters block at them moment. I have lots of O.K. ideas but not much that I am wanting to actually make into a art quilt. The more I draw the more I feel uninspired. Why DO I feel like this? I decided to take a good look at myself and see how I could overcome this block.
- Maybe it is because I am not being creative enough and actually doing anything......No I am drawing daily, I have a mdae a few quilting projects over the past couple of weeks.
- Not enough motivation............Not this one either I have always felt motivation isn't a word, it is either doing it or not doing it. I am practicing daily and I am doing it so I am motivated.
- Not having a signature look................It could be a wee bit of this one. Maybe I need to experiment more and find me more in my work!
- Having interuptions......I find I work best with no interuptuptions. This is a hard one for me in a very busy house but I am getting quite a bit of time while the kids are at school so it shouldn't be too much of an issue.
- Not having direction in my work. Both in how I do my art and how to market my work..........This could be a bit of it too. I am afraid to market my art because of rejection, a fear which I need to overcome. I need to write some new goals in how I do my artwork to see if this will help me focus more.
- Not having won any awards or recognition in NZ.........This is getting hard for me to keep entering things and getting nothing for my efforts. I know it should enough to have the reward of making a piece of work but I would love to teach and unless there is some recognition for work no one wants to have you teach them in NZ. HMMMMM need to think on this one. I maybe need to evaluate why I am making art and change my outlook?
Well I will contemplate some of these possibilities to see if they can help me through my block.
What are some of the blocks you have? How have you overcome them? I would love to hear some of your ideas!
Hi, I understand where you are coming from with your 'block'. I have the same problem, I would love to teach classes but it seems so hard to actually break into teaching. I get quite negative feedback here in NZ but overseas my work is happily accepted. It is frustrating to say the least. What do you do to get round it?ReplyDelete
Pleased I popped and and met you!
Thanks for your feedback. I not sure how to answer that question Carole. I keep on plodding along hoping for a break though. Perhaps we need to just say I am a great artist and be proud over how we express ourselves until we get our chance to teach and progress in NZ. Bu I do agree it is very frustrating.ReplyDelete
Would love to hear form you again