Thursday 9 September 2010

Creativeness and family and quilting

One of the hardest balancing acts I ever have to do is the family and art work act.  My children and husband will always come first as relationships are the most important things in life.  Being with those you love and enhancing relationships with those we love are the most important work we do in our lives.  I have found though that I can't give to those relationships without being creative.


What is and who can be creative? Dieter F. Uchtdorf has explained this so well

"Everyone can create. You don’t need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty.
Creation brings deep satisfaction and fulfillment. We develop ourselves and others when we take unorganized matter into our hands and mold it into something of beauty

Creation means bringing into existence something that did not exist before—colorful gardens, harmonious homes, family memories, flowing laughter.

What you create doesn’t have to be perfect. So what if the eggs are greasy or the toast is burned? Don’t let fear of failure discourage you. Don’t let the voice of critics paralyze you—whether that voice comes from the outside or the inside.
If you still feel incapable of creating, start small. Try to see how many smiles you can create, write a letter of appreciation, learn a new skill, identify a space and beautify it."



This small quote helped me to see the light. If I can't get into the studio today I can find many ways to be creative.  I can do so much.  I am a powerful woman capable of making huge differences in my small part of this huge world may it be one stitch,  one smile,  one meal or one drawing at a time.  Creativeness comes from within. 

I try and carry a sketchbook around with me so when a moment arises I can draw,  I try and make an effort to present all our meals in our home with flair and I try to make my home a beautiful place to live in.  I am still working on a beautiful garden  LOL  The weeds look balanced at the moment.  With effort I can see ways to create all around me.  open up your eyes to new possibilities.

Remember

You can't give others a bowl of soup from an empty soup pot.  The pot has to be full first yet many of us give to others around us out of a figuratively empty pot.  We need to fill our pot first so we can give to others.

 

In what ways do you all be creative?  Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Leave me a message :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...