Thursday 18 November 2010

photography for the festive season

This time of year is such a wonderful time to get your camera out and capture moments of delight and of the festive season

How can you capture the season from a different view?  What objects mean Christmas to you?  Think about taking photos from different angles,  from a child's perspective and of sensory experiences that make you think Christmas.

Here are photo of objects that describe Christmas to me.....



Take a photo of decorations close up



Photograph Christmas tree lights



Photograph your place settings



Try taking photos with lights off



 Use sepia tones

Photograph what is special to you about the season.  For me it is Christ



Photos of yummy food



The play of light on decorations


Use your imagination!!!  What can you find to photograph.......












2 comments:

  1. When I lived in an area that got a lot of snow, I loved taking pictures of snow on trees, on the ground, on fences...to me, that was winter and Christmas all wrapped into one. Now I will have to find new things to photograph and represent this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being in NZ snow is such a foriegn thing for me. It is always so very hot here. I bet you have had some lovely photos of snow i would love to capture that.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Leave me a message :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...