Lyric Kinard at http://lyrickinard.blogspot.co.nz/2012/03/kindness-chronicles_04.html has written a great blog about being kind. What can we do to be kind in the world? She has listed listed some wonderful ideas and challenged us to make an effort to be kind. So here is some of the kind things I have done these past couple of weeks....
- Told a lady at the supermarket she looked beautiful (this one always embarrasses my kids)
- Made smoothies for breakfast for everyone
- Told a child her hair looked lovely
- Phoned a friend have troubles
- Prayed for a friend in need
- Popped in and saw a friend whose dad is sick
- Did a chore normally assigned to one of my kids
- Sat and listened to a teenager
- Defended a person who was being put down
- Gave away produce from my garden (this one was kind to me too....does this count?)
What have you done kind this month. Join us on our quest for kindness
so glad you've joined us in The Kindness Chronicles!ReplyDelete
Love it. Especially the part about the teenager. Last week our Stake Pres. talked about faith, hope, and charity.... and quoted Moroni 7 - saying image yourself trying to speak to your recalcitrant teenager - and needed the patience and kindness and long-suffering....ReplyDelete
I need to do better at complimenting people when I think they look good. I always think it in my head but don't say it out loud. Last week I DID say it out loud though, and I have to admit I was very proud of myself!ReplyDelete
I'm excited by this. It is going to wonderful.ReplyDelete
I love that one Lyric. Boy do you need all those attributes.
Well done Tenika It is hard to do the first time but it gets so much easier each time you do it!