Wednesday 21 July 2010

quilt challenge-52 cards in a year

Week 8

I came across an interesting printing method while watching a QTV show and decided to try it out.  It is a novel way to do marbling.  I laid a piece of plastic out and sprayed shaving cream over it.  Then I dropped textile paint on to it.  Using a stick I moved the paint around in swirl patterns , mixing the 2 colours together as I went. When I had the desired effect I laid a white cotton square piece of fabric over the ink and pressed lightly.  I left this to dry over night then rinsed it out.  The result was a lovely marbled piece of fabric which I stitched to create the look of water.

I used a variety of colours of cottons to create depth to the piece.


I love hearing from you. Leave me a message :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...