Saturday 4 December 2010

New Christmas tree colours and decorations

I decided this year to create a new colour scheme on my Christmas tree. 


It has been gold and white for about 8 years and I just felt I needed a change.  So I have given myself $25-$30 to spend to create a new look. 

My mother -in-law gave me some beaded and mirrored wind chimes she bought for a lamp shade for a grandchild which she never made.  They are fuchsia and silver so I decided fuchsia would be one of the colours I would use. 







I have created some hanging decorations using them.  After some thought I decided I would use a complementary colour of Lime green as the other colour on the tree. 

I have purchased some baubles,  material to make yo yo,s from.  The centre is felted using a felting machine.







some pipe cleaners (The kids and I had fun making these together)




flowers





and I used some wool I already had to make some crochet flowers for the tree.





I'm very excited to see how it looks.  I also spent only $30.00.  I'll post a blog when it is done.

1 comment:

  1. I love creative Christmas decorations! I can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Leave me a message :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...