Wednesday 29 December 2010

quilt challenge-52 cards in a year

Week 26

I have finally got a sewing machine,  time and space all working together on the same day so I have all 6 cards (I am behind in) for my years challenge complete.  I have had a lot of fun making these.  I have chosen a medium to work in and explored the use of them. 

Today's is an exploration of crayons, textile paint and stitch. 




I used cotton fabric and crayoned the pattern I wanted onto it and then painted the textile paints onto the material.  I then needed to iron the paint and crayon to set it into the fabric.  I machine stitched the piece with different threads that toned in with the paint.



I was inspired by the strata on rocks and cliff faces which always have fascinated me.  The patterns are wonderful.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Leave me a message :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...