Wednesday 23 February 2011

The Christchurch earthquake

I am just so saddened at the loss of so many lives in the Christchurch earthquake.  So much life lost,  homes destroyed, livelihood ruined and people displaced.  Every time I watch footage of the disaster my eyes well up with tears.  I feel a sense of loss and sadness.  All my friends are safe but it doesn't take away the feelings of helplessness for those who weren't so lucky.

 I have dedicated my today's sketchbook page to all those magnificent people who are risking their lives to save, find and help the injured,  the trapped and the dead.  The people who have given up of their time and talents to help absolute strangers.


My thoughts and best wishes go to all those people affected no matter how big or small.  God Bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Leave me a message :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...