Wednesday 16 March 2011

quilt challenge-52 cards in a year

Week 42

The next 6 cards are based on some of the techniques and designs of Beryl Taylor, an English fabric artist. Her work is very creative and explores a lot of different ideas and techniques.   I have made this pieces out of material, paper,  a old table mat,  beads, and a paper clay motif rubbed in gold a turquoise ink.


I have used double sided interfacing to attach all the pieces together.  I hand stitched the the paper onto the card.  The paper clay motif was attached with beads.




The clay pattern was made with a stamp pressed into the clay while it was wet and then I left it to dry according to the instructions on the packaging.  Once it was dry I rubbed Turquoise and gold ink over the face of the clay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Leave me a message :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...