Sunday 7 October 2012



Last month I sent out a challenge to you all to do something kind every day.  I did do that but forgot to write them all down......sigh I think I need to be kind to myself more so I can remember to do things. 

The rewards of being kind every day were huge

  • A better attitude to wards myself and others
  • A happier house
  • More loving feelings
  • Feelings that I accomplished something each day
  • A sense of bonding with other people
  • A feeling of peace in my heart
Some of the things I did were
  • I wrote a letter to each of the best children in the world......my own
  • I didn't retaliate when someone was mean.  I gave service back
  • Told someone they looked nice
  •  Remembered to ask a friend how her appointment went and listened as she told me about it
  • Make baking for a family in need
  • Visited with a friend
  • Sent an encouraging e-mail
  • Sent a text to a family member to see if they were OK
  • Let someone tell me about all their business ideas
  • Gave thanks to the Lord
  • Gave thanks to my mother
  • Phoned a sick relative
  • organised the kitchen cupboards (a real kindness to our home)
  • Went tobogganing with my children (my legs didn't feel to good the next day though:)
  • Discussed a scripture with a friend to help them through a problem

M Russell Ballard said a honey bee only gives 1/12th of a teaspoon of honey in its entire short lifetime but this small act of service contributes to a large pot of honey, enjoyed by many.   Collectively together our small acts of kindness make huge differences in many peoples lives.

Can you do one thing a day to be kind to another?

  I challenge you to do so this month. 

Please let me know how you get on.  I love to hear from you. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Leave me a message :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...