My sketching has been quite spasmodic over the past couple of months. I am really missing it but I am struggling to find the energy to do it. So I have decided that I need to simplify how and when I draw and not expect so much of myself. The task need breaking down into small manageable chunks. When I first of this idea I found it hard to think of breaking something down that was already quite a small project. But after a bit of thought I found there was a few ways I could do it.
- Buy a small sketchbook. It isn't so intimidating or hard to fill
- Draw only part of something
- Use water colours with a water pen so it doesn't take so long to set up or clean up
- Use inktense pencils and then add water another day
- Draw the outline of a sketch one day. The next day add more detail and the third day add the colour
- Draw a simple design and re work it in 3 ways
- Go through the book and add colour to each page so opening the sketchbook isn't so intimidating
- Break down the sketch into a few parts that can be come back to through out the day
- Enjoy the moment that can be grabbed rather than worrying about the lack of energy or time. Do what you can
- To save time choosing a topic choose a theme to work on per sketchbook and stick to it.
- Plan the night before what you are going to sketch the next day. Making a choice the day before saves energy thinking what to do the next day
Post a Comment
I love hearing from you. Leave me a message :)