Wednesday 27 October 2010

Quilting sketchbooks

A long with my new filing system I have started to set aside time each day to use my sketchbook.  This has been something I have wanted to do for a long time but have never seemed to have got around to it.  I am going to start with my personal journal and make this into my art journal.






After reading The decorated page by Gwen Diehn I have made up 2 wee origami star boxes for layout ideas and processes to try in the journal.  Before each page I draw one slip of paper out from each box.



Each evening before bed I will do the messy wet part I.E. painting,  inking etc.  Then in the morning when it is all dry I do the journalling and drawing part.  I'm finding this is working quite well.


Here are a couple of my pages.




Challenge yourself to become creative with journalling...I would love to hear how it goes.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Leave me a message :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...