Monday 30 December 2013

Purposful goal setting

'Goals are dreams with deadlines' Diana Scharf 

When we record our goals we are turning wishes into reality.  Goals give us direction and aim and place to begin and end.

"People with goals succeed because they know where they are going"  Earl Nightingale


Success comes when we.............. 
  1. Set goals
  2. Prioritise the goals we set
  3. Break down our goals into small manageable steps
  4. Do our goals
  5. Evaluate our goals
  6. Share our successes with others



'She designed a life she loved'  author unknown

By going through these 6 steps the goals we make will be achieved.  They will not sit unfinished.  We will not feel discouraged, but energised ready to tackle our next goal.

I have found a couple of great blog posts on goal setting to help you. Alisa Burke has written this fantastic post on goals setting for artists 
which I have found very inspirational.  



http://alisaburke.blogspot.co.nz/2013/01/the-art-of-setting-goals.html?m=1


Another great article on goal planning.  I couldn't do as much has he has done in a year because I am different to him but I like some of his philosophies on goal setting.  It is an older post but I think it is still very relevant.


major-review

http://chrisguillebeau.com/3x5/how-to-conduct-your-own-annual-review/

Another inspirational time management person I love is Robyn Pearce.  She is the time queen.  Her website is full of wonderful ideas and hints (some free and some with costs attached) I have been to one of her workshops and she is just amazing.  (she lives in NZ )



http://www.gettingagrip.com/








No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Leave me a message :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...